High Street Entrance
Main Street & Planning
132 N. Main St.
P.O. Box 32
Ph: (706) 342-1251 x227
Fx: (706) 342-3454
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Business Services provides information and assistance to help existing businesses to thrive and to assist new businesses in joining our community.
- Issuing occupational tax certificates (commonly called business licenses)
- Maintaining current City of Madison Business Directory and Department of Revenue business directory
- Monitoring compliance with the Code of Ordinances, including Chapter 6 Alcoholic Beverages; Chapter 22 Businesses; and Chapter 62 Streets, Sidewalks & Other Public Places
- Processing alcohol licenses
- Processing temporary sales licenses
- Processing use of public property permits
- Providing free and convenient Notary Public services