|Interested in Citizen Participation?
There are lots of opportunities for you to take a leading or supportive role in your local government, depending upon your area of interest, expertise, and time commitment. Consider:
- Authority, Board, or Commission - if you are interested in a broad topics, are comfortable with public hearings, and can meet monthly;
- Individual Appointments - if you are willing to attend community-wide or regional meetings to speak from a city perspective;
- Study or Working Committee (often for one of the boards above) - if you like to work on special projects and to work periodically to complete a task;
- Steering Group, Advisory Panel, or Task Force - if you prefer to work on joint efforts and make recommendations to the city on specific topics or upcoming community matters;
- Volunteer - if your idea of involvement is just couple of hours every once in awhile.
|Area of Interest
Indicate your interest and contact us to receive more information on public service.
> Public Service Interest Form
Type of Work
Read notes for the various boards and their committees to get a feel for the type of work involved.
> Recent Agendas & Minutes
Review the general policy on appointments, responsibilities, and application process.
> Appointment Policy
Look over the job postings, which include a list of volunteer needs.
> Open Positions