The program represents a public-private partnership, funded in part by the generosity of the late Mr. Gywn Ricketts.
More about The Ricketts Environmental Excellence (TREE) Trust
The concept is simple. The program contributes to the tree purchase cost, the property owner contributes to the tree purchase cost, and the City contributes the labor to plant the tree in exchange for the benefits to the local environment.
... And Madison gains another tree for the community forest.
Terms & Conditions
- matching grant - participant does have a monetary participation (usually ranges from $100-$150)
- open to residential and non-residential participants
- open to owners, renters, and previous participants
- awarded on competitive basis, as budget permits
- preferred locations, readily visible from right-of-way
- preferred trees, although special requests considered
Award Announcement: November 1, 2018
||A MADISON SHARED COMMUNITY INVESTMENT PROGRAM
TREE Grant Application