Household Recycling Items
Note: No clothes, shoes, rubber, hangers, or unlabeled styrofoam.
- All Cardboard (e.g., cereal and laundry detergent boxes, 6/12 pack beverage boxes, shoe boxes, cardboard boxes)
All Glass Containers (all colors and types of glass - no sheet / window glass, no light bulbs please)
As of 2/1/2016 glass will not be accepted for curbside recycling.
- All Metal Containers (e.g., aluminum cans, bi-metal and tin cans, aluminum pie pans and foil - please rinse)
- All Paper (e.g., newspapers, catalogs, phone books, magazines, all paper, junk mail)
- All Plastic Containers labeled No. 1 through No. 7 (Plastics are labeled with a number in a triangle, often on the bottom; e.g., soda bottles, milk jugs, and laundry bottles with caps - please rinse)
- All Styrofoam labeled for recycling (No. 6, technically this is considered a plastic; no Styrofoam peanuts please)
For additional items, see hazardous waste recycling items.