The Housing Opportunity Commission (HOC) is the new public service commission for housing issues and opportunities in the City of Madison, augmented by the experience and expertise of community leaders to form Madison’s GICH Team (2015-2017).
The Committee is the work group tasked by the GICH Team to:
1) advise upon plans and policies related to current housing conditions,
2) develop and implement proposals for housing-related initiatives within the annual Target Area and other selected high priority areas,
3) recommend plans, policies, and projects to the HOC for action. The Committee regularly meets on Thursdays at 9:00 am at Madison City Hall, 132 N. Main Street, Main Street & Planning Conference Room, High Street Entrance.
~ Meetings are open to the public unless acquisition of real estate is discussed.
~ No action may be taken by the committee unless directed by the HOC.
~ Recommendations are forwarded at HOC meetings for action.
1. Existing Housing Conditions
2. Future Recommendations re: Code Enforcement for Existing Housing
3. Future Recommendations re: Rehabilitation of Existing Housing
4. Future Recommendations re: Policy affecting Existing Housing
5. General Discussion