- Special Programs
- Heritage Tourism Grants
Heritage Tourism Grants
Heritage Tourism Industry
The Heritage Tourism Support Grant Program is designed to reinvest Hotel/Motel Tax funds in Madison's cultural heritage infrastructure by providing assistance to the organizations that interpret Madison, Morgan County's history and culture to tourists.
To be eligible, a qualified applicant must:
- be a federally-recognized, tax-exempt non-profit corporation (501(c)3 status);
- own and operate a tourist attraction that interprets Madison, Morgan County's history and culture;
- be located within the city limits and open to the public; and
- have as part of its mission statement the education of the public about Madison, Morgan County's history and culture.
Essential to Madison's heritage tourism industry, successful applicants contribute to the city's core tourism infrastructure by producing tourism literature, maintaining museum exhibitory, offering heritage awareness programs, operating historic home and site tours, and providing regular public access to a local historic attraction.
The annual deadline is July 1. Awards are made following completion of a contractual agreement, and grant funds may be drawn quarterly.
Quarterly reports are due by the fifteenth of the month following the end of the quarter (October 15, January 15, April 15, and July 15). Please Note: Failure to file reports in a timely manner compromises an organization's status as a qualified applicant for the next year.
For more information:
- HTGP: Informational Brochure
- HTGP: Application Package