Annual Events & Ongoing Efforts
Please help us further reduce the waste stream by recycling these items:
- Hazardous waste items – Morgan County residents can drop-off cooking oil, paint, household pesticides, used electronics, and household batteries at the Transfer Station Recycling Center on weekdays 11:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and Saturdays 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. These items are also collected at the annual Community Shred in April. See Main Street Events.
- Sensitive documents – annually, Madison Main Street brings this mobile operation to Downtown for shredding (and recycling) at the Community Shred in April. See Main Street Events.
- American flags – permanent drop-box for the appropriate and honorable disposal of worn American flags (at the Madison Public Safety Building, 160 N. Main Street)
- Film Plastic – includes plastic bags, dry cleaning bags, paper towel packaging, etc. (any plastic that stretches instead of tears), Ingles, 1441 Eatonton Road, Lowe's, 1821 Eatonton Road, Wal-Mart, 1681 Eatonton Road.
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs – Lowe's of Madison, 1821 Eatonton Road
If you know of other recycling opportunities, please let us know so that we may share the information with our residents.