Historic Preservation Commission
- 5:30 pm
- Second Tuesday of each month
- Madison Public Safety Building, Meeting Hall, High Street Entrance
160 N Main Street
Madison, GA 30650
- Virtual attendance remains an option for the time being. Please visit the Virtual Meetings Portal
Agendas, Summary of Actions, & Minutes
Commission meeting agendas are posted prior to the meeting. Please Note: The Commission may take action to alter the order of the agenda or amend the agenda at the meeting. Summary of Actions are available following the meeting.
Agendas for committee meetings are shown on the calendar entry for these meetings.
Applications, including support materials, are available prior to each meeting. Following the meeting the decisions and any conditions of approval are listed.
Other meeting documents for consideration by the commission are also available.
Staff Reports are available prior to each meeting.
Minutes are available following approval.
- Flynn Clyburn, C (1/2021 - 12/2022)
- James Glover (1/2022 - 12/2023)
- Zeb Grant (1/2022 -12/2023)
- Brad Rice (1/2021 - 12/2022)
- Jane Royal (1/2022-12/2023)
- Wes Ryals (1/2021 -12/2022)
- Douglas Yarbrough (1/2022-1/2023)
- Betsy Wagenhauser, Council Liaison
- Ken Kocher, Staff
email Ken Kocher
Madison’s local preservation program is administered by the Madison Historic Preservation Commission (HPC), established in 1987. This dedicated volunteer board protects the community’s wealth of historic resources - most notably the Madison Historic District, first listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.
Because of the work and commitment of the HPC, Madison also qualifies at state and national levels as a: Certified Local Government (CLG), Georgia Main Street & National Main Street, and Preserve America Community